Created within 30 days on a limited budget, Toyota Driveland for Kinect was a game designed to allow convention goers to experience the Toyota Prius on a virtual track using the Microsoft Kinect for Windows as a controller. Our biggest challenge was creating a user-friendly control scheme. The game was such a success at the Los Angeles Auto Show that it was also taken to the Detroit and New York Auto Shows.
Tools: Unity3D and Kinect for Windows
See the official video on the Saatchi & Saatchi project page!
- Saatchi & Saatchi 3D: Toyota Driveland Experience
- SideQuesting: 2013 Detroit Auto Show Kinect comes to cars
- Coding4Fun: Los Angeles Auto Show, Toyota Prius and the Kinect
- Toyota Kentucky: Toyota to Focus on Its American Successes, Bright Future at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show
- Toyota UK: Toyota goes large at the New York auto show
- Kinect Forum: Kinect at Los Angeles Auto Show 2012