Principal Software Architect
- Crafting long-term strategy, architecture, and direction of the technology stack, including migration to Kubernetes.
- Designing APIs and interfaces for end-user, internal, and B2B use.
- Planning, scheduling, and defining dependencies for stories in collaboration with product owners.
- Managing and prioritizing tech debt stories.
- Mentoring, organizing, and resolving conflicts for a team of six and training newly promoted team leads.
- Promoting and implementing good coding practice standards including unit tests, TDD, Agile, and DRY.
- Developed the backend for a 400,000 product database with over 3,000,000 hours of customer engagement.
- Designed and overhauled a Django monolithic API to a modern services framework in Kubernetes.
Lead Software Engineer, 3D
SAATCHI & SAATCHI
Lead Software Engineer, Pipeline and Tools (Python, C++)
- Continuing development of artist and producer tools (10+) with integration into 3rd party software that improve delivery times by 40-80%.
- Coordinating and mentoring a team of four developers to support and communicate with artists and producers.
- Instituted the project and asset management pipelines for Toyota, Lexus and Scion digital assets, drastically improving performance and stability.
- Established clean code policies and Git versioning and review systems.
Lead Software Engineer, Games (C#, C++)
- Supervising and developing proof-of-concept games (9 total, 2 months each) using Unity3D and Unreal Engine 4.
- Launched Toyota Driveland for Kinect as lead developer and designer.
Lead Software Engineer, Web Platform (Python)
- Leading backend development of a 6 month Django project to replace Toyota’s national advertisement image distribution network.